Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Longest Days of My Life

January 29, 2011 – January 31, 2011

We traveled for 30 hours straight. It seemed like we would get to one airport just to have a layover before getting on another long flight. I was so happy to arrive in the Atlanta Airport. My first stop was Chick Fil A, only because I had my Starbucks in the Seoul airport. The Chick Fil A sandwich filled me up quickly, but was so delicious. Before I knew it, it was time to board the plane for Greenville. Upon arrival at the GSP airport, I met my parents and John’s parents. We all went out to eat for a late lunch and I was able to show them all my pictures. It was wonderful. I headed back to my dorm room to unpack and rest up. I slept off and on for most of the day Sunday before I headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a few needed items to survive through Wednesday before I headed back home. I had a headache and felt nauseous all day long, but I chalked it up to being tired, traveling, and just having a weird schedule. I woke up in the middle of the night between Sunday and Monday with an awful stomachache. I was terribly sick and ended up becoming so dehydrated I had to call 911 to be rushed to the hospital. They gave me fluids and antibiotics, but never figured out what exactly I was sick from. I remained sick for several days, but am feeling much better now. It was a scary and bad end to a great trip, but I am glad to have gotten sick at home in the states, rather in Vietnam. I absolutely loved the trip as a whole and enjoyed comparing the cultures of both Vietnam and China together. I also found myself comparing the cultures of Cambodia and the Dominican Republic together. I overall enjoyed the trip, and it was a wonderful experience.

Below is a map of where we traveled in Vietnam. Make sure to follow the arrows! Remember After Vietnam I traveled to Siem Reap Cambodia. I have included a map of both countries so you can see the relation. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimberlee,

    We actually found our Boston out of the Charlotte Observer, from a breeder in Lincolnton, NC. Bostons are crazy, but are lap dogs too. Bi-polar LOVE! :) It figures you'd want a Boston, you're at Wofford! My mom is from Spartanburg too, and went to Dorman, then Clemson. :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete